SHALE INSIGHT™ 2014 will offer participants unprecedented interaction with industry-leading CEOs, elected officials and thought leaders, all of whom play a critical role in crafting the public policy and technical landscape that defines shale gas development around the world. Insightful panel discussions, high-powered networking sessions, and impactful keynote presentations will provide attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors unprecedented access to the industry’s most influential leaders and innovators.
Note: Italics indicate session sponsor
Tuesday, September 23
In-depth technical workshops offered to all conference registrants. Admission is included at no additional charge, however, registration for the specific workshop is required. To register, click here.
- Pre-Drill Sampling: Collection, Stakeholder Relations, Complaint Investigation and Protocols | Fairway Laboratories
- Protection of Sensitive Resources During Planning and Development | Sumitomo Corporation of Americas
- Underground Injection Well Policy Forum | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Presentations of selected emerging technologies that will create value, reduce costs and/or generate competitive advantage to address Appalachian Basin shale industry challenges and support science-based technologies and decisions for the benefit of all stakeholders. | Ben Franklin Shale Gas Innovation & Commercialization Center
Wednesday and Thursday, September 24-25
In addition to several keynote presentations, various technical and public affairs related topics will be explored in daily educational sessions.
- Technical Sessions
- Doing More with Less: Drilling and Completions in the Appalachian Basin
- Future Research Needs: Advancing Technology to Address Shale Development Challenges | Williams
- Protecting Groundwater: Well Construction/Methane | Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- The Appalachian Basin: Regulatory Approaches to Ensure Environmental Protection | Babst Calland
- The Midstream Connection: Permitting and Building Infrastructure to Connect Production to Downstream Markets | Woodard & Curran
- Water Sourcing: An Update on Water Resources Acquisition within the Basin | Fluid Recovery Services (FRS)
- Act 13: Supreme Court Decision/Industry Impact | K&L Gates
- Creating Sustainable Habitat Through Pipeline Development | Access Midstream
- Game Changer: How Shale Development Has Spurred a Regional Economic Renewal | Seneca Resources
- Getting Gas to Markets Across PA: Opportunities and Challenges | ERM
- How Shale is Making America a World Leader in Energy Exports | Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Local Government in Pennsylvania: Opportunities for Industry | Babst Calland
- Natural Gas Use in Exploration and Production | America’s Natural Gas Alliance (ANGA)
- Pipeline Safety Act: How is It Working and What’s in the Pipeline for 2016? | TRC
- The Marcellus Shale Impact Fee: What Is the True Impact? | Norton Rose Fulbright
Public Affairs Sessions
A premier showcase of the industry’s foremost companies, products and services.
NATURAL GAS USE POSTERS
Located in the Exhibition Hall, the poster session will feature natural gas use projects, research or innovations. Topics will include natural gas vehicles (technologies, conversions, refueling infrastructure), commercial/industrial projects, power generation, LNG, ethane and others. | America’s Natural Gas Alliance (ANGA)
Numerous opportunities to connect with industry colleagues and to build new business relationships.